Bougainvillea x buttiana begum sikhander variegata - Plant
Common name: California Gold Bougainvillea
Bloom time: June to frost
Height: 3.00 to 5.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Bougainvilleas love hot, dry, sunny spaces and they seem to perform better when slightly neglected, so don t be to attentive to your plant and it should thrive. Water thoroughly and then allow the top inch or two of soil to dry out before you water again. The easiest way to test the soil moisture content is to stick your finger into it.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: e.g:Plant in sandy,
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Bougainvilleas flower on a cycle, usually 6-8 weeks.
- And, they flower on new growth.
- So here s the cycle: they ll flower, then rest, then grow new branches, then flower, and rest again.
- To keep yours flowering well, allow the current flowers to dry up and fall off.
For the St. Louis area, grow in containers as patio plants that are overwintered indoors. In southern Florida and California, this may be planted as a specimen or massed in gardens and shrub borders or grown in containers.
- For the St.
- Louis area, grow in containers as patio plants that are overwintered indoors.
- In southern Florida and California, this may be planted as a specimen or massed in gardens and shrub borders or grown in containers.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
No serious insect or disease problems. Watch for spider mites and whiteflies on indoor plants.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.