Abutilon persicum - Plant
Common name: flowering-maple
Color: Red, pink, yellow, white
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 2.00 to 4.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
A flowering maple requires full sun to partial shade outdoors and a bright room indoors. The plant may require shading from afternoon sun. Whether grown outside or inside, the shrub requires well-draining soil and a planting area or container to accommodate its growth.
Outdoors, you should lay a 2-inch layer of mulch around the shrub from the roots extending out to the drip line to prevent weeds and moisture loss. You may use any organic material, including bark or compost.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 70 degrees F.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Outdoors, a flowering maple requires moderate water in the summer so that the soil is lightly but consistently moist.
- The shrub thrives with a yearly feeding using a liquid fertilizer.
- If the shrub lacks nourishment, the lower leaves may drop.
- Indoors, you can water these plants until the soil feels slightly moist and allow soil to dry out slightly between waterings.
Make sure to water at the roots and not overhead to avoid disease.
- Indoor plants need a bimonthly feeding with a water-soluble 20-20-20 fertilizer.
Beds, borders, pots, window boxes or containers.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No significant insect or disease problems.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.