Abelia x grandiflora - Plant
Common name: glossy abelia
Bloom time: May to September
Height: 3.00 to 6.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Enrich the soil with leaf mold or well-rotted organic matter to encourage good drainage. Dig a hole 2 to 3 times as deep as the bulbs are high and set the bulb in the hole pointy side up. Fill the hole with soil and tamp gently. Space bulbs at a distance equal to 3 times the bulbâ€™s diameter. For a good effect, plant plants in groups of 3 to 5 bulbs.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 30 ËšF
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Feed plants on a regular basis before and throughout the blooming cycle (avoid chemical fertilizers and pesticides if youâ€™re harvesting for the kitchen).
- Once a month between April and July, apply a balanced granular fertilizer (5-10-5 or 5-10-10).
- Allow Â¾ to 1 cup for each bush, and sprinkle it around the drip line, not against the stem.
Specimen or grouping or mass for shrub borders or foundations. Also effective as an informal hedge or low screen (plants tend to lose attractive graceful shape if pruned or sheared to a more formal hedge look) in southern areas where winter kill is not a concern.
- Itâ€™s quite a pretty little shrub, reaching about 3 meters tall, with its clusters of white and varying shades of purple flowers.
- Beware, however, for every part of this beauty is poisonous.
- While that may sound terrible, the toxins are helpful.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.