Salvia Splendens White - Plant
They are a great addition in the landscape as a border or mass planting.
( 2 times booked in last 90 days )
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Some varieties, such as culinary sage, are edible to humans as well.
Each species may have slightly different requirements, but basic good care will go a long way to keeping your salvia healthy and beautiful.
Bi colours are also available, with red, rose or salmon coloured flowers with white tips.
Common name: scarlet sage, tropical sage
Color: The plant carry red, pink, blue, lavender, orange, white and bi colour.
Bloom time: Late Spring/Early Summer, Mid Summer, Late Summer.
Height: 1 to 2 feet
Difficulty level: Easy to grow.
Planting & Care
Plant in average or enriched soil and fertilize as needed.
Over a long season, flowers will drop, leaving a ragged spike. When this happens, cut the plant back. New growth emerges refreshed.
Snails and slugs find salvia to be a delicious treat, especially in moist conditions and when the plants are mulched.
Sunlight: In cooler climates, plant in full sun.
In areas with very hot summers, partial shade, especially in the afternoon, reduces stress.
Soil: Well drained soil,warm soil.
Water: Larger varieties with deeper roots need less water than dwarf varieties.
Temprature: between 60º and 70ºF
Fertilizer: Plant in average or enriched soil and fertilize as needed
- Most salvia like lots of sun, although a few species tolerate very light shade.
- If your garden does not have adequate drainage, mix stones, gravel or lava rock into the bottom of the hole when you plant your salvia.
- Using a trowel, dig a hole as deep and twice as wide as the pot the salvia transplant is in.
- Loosen the roots of the salvia, spread them out in the hole, and backfill with soil mixed with compost.
- Be sure to water the young plants regularly until they are fully grown so that they don t dry out.
- Prune the heavier, woody stems every spring.
Salvias are prolific and durable bloomers.
They are not bothered by pests.
- Sage is an excellent natural disinfectant and deodorizer, drying perspiration and helping to eliminate body odor.
Extracts of sage are used in personal skin care for its capacity to heal the skin as well.
Sage is a well regarded herb for women and can be especially helpful for relieving the hot flashes of menopause, and slowing heavy menstrual bleeding.
- There are many fine ornamental perennials in this genus and several bedding plants used as annuals.
For medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physician before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.