Schizanthus Angel Mixed - Seeds
Common name: Tasmanian Angel
Color: Pink and Creamy White
Bloom time: June to July
Height: 3.00 to 5.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Before you plant, be sure that you choose varieties proven in your climate. When in doubt, All-America Rose Selections winners are good bets. Or check with your local nursery.If you order plants from a mail-order company, order early, in January or February (March at the latest).
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 60 - 70F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Also, select a site that gets full sun.
- For dependable blooms, plants need six to eight hours of direct sunlight a day.
- If it’s too shady, the stems will attempt to lean towards the sun or get spindly and fall over.
- Most of the popular varieties prefer acidic to neutral soil, but some are lime-tolerant or prefer alkaline soils.
Harvesting: 5-7 days
- The deep planting encourages the developing stem to send out roots to help stabilize the plant and perhaps eliminate the need for staking.
- Also, deep planting keeps Bangada bulbs cool when temperatures soar.
- Enrich the soil with leaf mold or well-rotted organic matter to encourage good drainage.
Bold, stately plants that may be grown as specimens but are perhaps best in small groupings. Borders or formal gardens. For the St. Louis area, A. spinosus is a similar plant with better winter hardiness.
No serious insect or disease problems. Snails and slugs are occasional visitors that can do substantial damage if left unchecked. Plants can spread aggressively in optimum conditions.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.