Pansy F1 Delta Fire - Seeds
These plants offer colourful flowers for any season in your garden. They have one of the widest ranges of colours and are good for containers, borders, and ground covers.
Common name: Pansy
Color: Blue, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, Yellow
Bloom time: Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter
Height: upto 1 feet
Difficulty level: Medium
Planting & Care
Pansies grow easily from seed but take a long time to mature, so they should be started early indoors about 10 to 12 weeks before the last frost date. Press pansy seeds into the surface of the soil and cover to their thickness, as darkness is required for germination. Covering the pots with black plastic is a good idea. Keep the planting medium damp, and once the seeds have sprouted, (about 14 days at 70 degrees F.) Move them to a greenhouse.
A week or so before transplanting into the garden, harden the pansy seedlings off by putting them in a cold frame or a sheltered spot outdoors during the day.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: Plant in moist, humus-rich, well-drained soil.
Water: Remember to water your pansies regularly. One of the most common reasons pansies fail is because they are not watered enough, so if your pansies are not doing well, try watering them more.
Temprature: Pansies like sun and cooler temperatures.
Fertilizer: Can use a general, all-purpose fertilizer around your pansies to help them grow.
- Remember to water your pansies regularly.
- One of the most common reasons pansies fail is because they are not watered enough, so if your pansies are not doing well, try watering them more.
- You can use a general, all-purpose fertilizer around your pansies to help them grow.
- Remove faded/dead flowers to prolong blooming and encourage more flowers to grow.
- Pansies are generally not affected by diseases or insects.
- However, where slugs are common, they will not bypass a bed of pansies.
- Either set out slug traps or sprinkle a bit of diatomaceous earth around the plants.
- If signs of mildew or any fungi are observed, take a sample leaf to a garden centre for correct identification and plant treatment.
https://www.greenmylife.in/shop/seeds/flowering-annuals-seeds/pansy-annual-flowers-seeds/pansy-aqua-lemon/ http://www.almanac.com/plant/pansies http://www.burpee.com/flowers/pansies/all-about-pansies-article10246.html
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.