Godetia Azaleaflora Mixed - Seeds
A type of flower, it mainly grows as an annual plant - which means it typically only grows best for a single growing season.
Azaleas are a popular yard shrub due to their ability to bloom in a wide variety of conditions and their vibrant colors.
These tough plants, which are sown, flower and die in the space of just six months or so, are easy to grow and very rewarding.
They can be sown from late February, but if sowing before early April, it’s best to start them off indoors; a sunny windowsill, greenhouse or well-lit shed is ideal.
Common name: Godetia, Satin Flower, Atlasflower.
Color: white, pink, purple, lavender, and red.
Bloom time: Flowers bloom early to mid summer.
Height: Plant Height: 30-40 cm
Plant Spread: 40-50 cm
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Plants need lots for sun, or they will grow slowly
Soil: They grow well in average to rich soil. Mix in compost when planting.
Fertilizer: Add a general purpose fertilizer when planting them, then once a month after that.
- Godetia plants are grown from seeds.
- Directly sow Godetia seeds into your flower garden, or sow seeds in pots or trays indoors, four to six weeks before the last frost date in your area.
- Outdoors, sow seeds early in the season, and cover lightly with 1/8" of fine garden or potting soil.
- Ideal plant spacing is 16" -20".
- Godetia plants do not like to be crowded.
- Godetia are good re-seeders.
- Plant them where they can drop their seeds and grow undisturbed for years.
- If you allow them to reseed in a location, you will likely need to thin new plants in the spring.
- Insect and disease are not a common problem.
- Use insecticides, repellents, and fungicides, as needed.
- PruningFirst, azaleas should be pruned in a natural fashion as they are not well suited for formal styles of pruning.
- Trying to prune an azalea bush so that is has straight edges and is box shaped (as would be seen if cut with hedge clippers) will result in spotty flowering and splotchy growth of branches.
- Instead, when pruning azaleas, use pruning shears to cut individual branches at the proper spot.
- Next, think about why you are trimming your azaleas.
- Is it to create a better shape plant or to maintain size or to rejuvenate the azalea plant?
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.