Odonotonema strictum - Plant
( 2 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Firespike.
Bloom time: Late summer through winter.
Height: About 6 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Give firespikes plenty of room to grow when you plant them. Space the small bushes 24 to 36 inches apart. They’ll fill in this space in a few years, creating a single wall of glossy green leaves and spikes of flaming blooms.
Sunlight: Full sun to partial shade.
Soil: Well-drained soil.
Water: Keep the soil moist. Once established it can tolerate draught but You should water even established plants if it hasn t rained for more than two or three weeks.
Temprature: Hardiness upto 40 degrees F.
Fertilizer: A balanced fertilizer (10-10-5) or equivalent can be used monthly from June through october.
- If frost or freezing temperatures threaten, cover the firespike bushes to protect them.
- If they do get frozen, it will kill off the growth above ground, but it will usually grow back in the spring as soon as the soil warms.
- Firespike plant care also includes keeping them from taking over your flower beds.
- When the branches get too long or unruly, prune them back.
- Do this two or three times a year for the best looking plants.
- Used in landscapes and mixed shrub borders.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.