Kentia palm - Plant
( 2 times booked in last 90 days )
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Height: upto 18 metres.
Difficulty level: easy to grow.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Direct sun can burn young plants so give palms some protection until they are about five years old.
Soil: They prefer sandy soils with good drainage.
Water: Do not overwater the plant. When indoors, only water it when the uppermost soil layer is dry.
Temprature: In cold season, it can withstand 55ºF.
Fertilizer: Amend the garden soil with an all-purpose fertilizer. They grow best if fed with fertilizers specifically designed for palm trees.
- Kentia palms will grow slowly in a tub for many years.
- To keep plants in the same container, replace old spent soil with new potting mix from time to time.
- The kentia palm will withstand quite dark and dry corners of your house, and will tolerate a degree of neglect.
- However they grow best with good light and regular care.
- Trim dead foliage at six-month intervals, using sharp and sanitized pruning shears.
- This palm is also a favourite for indoor décor.
- It is pretty tolerant of neglect and can handle low sunlight exposure, air conditioning and central heating.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.