Bamboo Multi Roots - Plant
Height: 5.0 to 10.0 feet
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Since bamboo likes high ambient moisture levels, daily misting of bamboo house plants are recommended. Place the bamboo where it can get direct natural lighting if possible. Most indoor bamboo cannot retain all their foliage and some leaf drop is to be expected.
Follow fertilizing directions for the size container you have. A good potting soil, mixed with perlite for drainage works great. Just keep a check on the soil and allow it to dry out between watering. Bamboo likes water, but loves drainage.
Do not leave your containers of bamboo outside during the winter months and expect it to live. In cold climate zones you must move the container into a protected warm area during the cold winter months.
Sunlight: Partial to full sunlight.
Soil: Bamboo plants also like to have fertile, slightly acidic, well drained but moist soil.
Water: The key to watering bamboo is to water often enough and deeply enough to keep the soil moist.
Temprature: 18°C to 35°C
Fertilizer: Use a slow release fertilizer.
- The water in the pot needs to be replaced with fresh, clean water once a week.
- The little pot should be scrubbed to prevent calcium or mineral deposits from building up on the edge of the pot and on the plant stem.
- If the plants have been grown in water, make sure the container is at least half full of water.
- If it is growing in soil, make sure the soil is moist, not soaking or dried out.
- This plant is frequently sold in decorative pots as a finished product rather than something to take home and re-pot in a more attractive vessel, which again makes it a good choice if you don t want to put much effort into plant care.
http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/foliage/bamboo/caring-for-bamboo-plants-in-your-garden.htm http://www.flowershopnetwork.com/blog/flower-plant-care/plant-care/caring-for-lucky-bamboo-dracaena-sanderiana/ http://www.lewisbamboo.com/indoor-bamboo.html
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.