Papaya, Papita ( Grafted )- Plant
( 216 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Papaya
Height: 30 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Dig a hole about twice the size of the bag in which the young tree is growing. Remove the soil from the hole and add some compost and manure. ... Take the plant out of the container. ... Do not disturb the roots. Place the tree in the centre of the hole.
Sunlight: Full sun.
Soil: Well-drained soil.
Water: Because of shallow roots, growing papaya trees will not tolerate wet conditions.
Temprature: Above 55 degrees F.
Fertilizer: Provide young plants fertilizer every 14 days using ¼ pound of complete fertilizer. Fertilize older trees with 1 to 2 pounds of fertilizer once a month.
- The best place to plant a papaya is on the south or south-east side of a house with some protection from wind and cold weather.
- Spread a 3-inch layer of organic mulch around the base of the tree, leaving an 8-inch gap between the edge of the mulch and the tree trunk.
- Being a good source of Vitamin A and Papain, this fruit helps in removing dead skin cells along with breaking down the inactive proteins.
- The best feature of papaya is its ‘Low Sodium Quality’, thus resulting in very little retention of water.
- In simple words it means, it helps you keep your skin hydrated.
- The application of finely grounded paste of raw papaya on the face for 25 minutes helps reduce those unwanted pimples and other embarrassing blemishes on the face.
- It is extracted from the tree and the fruit to make dietary supplements, and is also used as a major ingredient in some chewing gums.
- Apart from Papains, papaya is also a rich source of antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, vitamin C and flavonoids; the B vitamins, folate and pantothenic acid; and the minerals, potassium and magnesium; and fibre.
- The pulp of this fruit is also a basic component of many facial creams, and shampoos.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.