Rambutan Tree - Plant
Common name: Hairy lychee
Bloom time: February/March
Height: 50-80 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
To grow rambutan from seed, plant the seed flat in a small pot with drainage holes and filled with organic soil amended with sand and organic compost. Place the seed in the dirt and lightly cover with soil. It takes between 10-21 days for the seed to germinate.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 71 to 86 degrees
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Germinating rambutan seeds and properly caring for the seedlings give the plant a healthy start.
- Choose a fertile growing medium, such as topsoil mixed with compost or manure.
- The added nutrients help speed up germination and seedling growth.
- Plant the seed horizontally with the flat side facing down.
This helps the plant grow straight and establish a strong root system.
- Keep the plant in a sunny location and never let the soil dry out.
- Germination takes nine to 25 days.
- When seedlings reach about 12 inches, they are ready to transplant to a yard or a greenhouse.
Germinating rambutan seeds and properly caring for the seedlings give the plant a healthy start. Choose a fertile growing medium, such as topsoil mixed with compost or manure.
- This fruit is being used as a traditional medicine in Malaysia and Indonesia .
- This promotes hair growth and makes the hair roots strong.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.