Diervilla Rivularis, Kodiak ( Golden ) - Plant
Common name: mountain bush honeysuckle
Bloom time: July to August
Height: 2.00 to 3.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Honeysuckle vines are easy to grow, vigorous, heat-tolerant, and nearly indestructible. The flashy and fragrant flowers will attract hummingbirds and butterflies all summer long. The resulting fruit of the flowers will provide a fall treat for your local songbirds as well.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Honeysuckle plants prefer full sun, but will tolerate partial sun, and even some light, afternoon shade.
- Once established, the plants need only moderate watering, unless the summer is very dry.
If the planting area is properly prepared and mulched, your Honeysuckle plants will be satisfied with a light annual applicaton of a balanced fertilizer (10-10-10) at the beginning of the growing season, and then once again in the middle of the blooming season.
Small hedge. Ground cover shrub. Naturalize in woodland gardens or on slopes. Shrub borders.
- Honeysuckle stems and flowers are used together as a medicinal infusion in the treatment of upper respiratory tract infections (including pneumonia) and dysentery.
- An infusion of the flower buds is used in the treatment of a wide range of ailments including syphillitic skin diseases and tumors, bacterial dysentery, colds, and enteritis.
- Experimentally, the flower extracts have been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels and are antibacterial, antiviral and tuberculostatic.
Honeysuckle is also used to reduce blood pressure.
- Externally, the flowers are applied as a medicinal wash to skin inflammations, infectious rashes and sores.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
https://altnature.com/gallery/honeysuckle.htm http://www.thegardenhelper.com/honeysucklecare.html http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=w440
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.