Fox tail palm - Plant
Height: Up to 40 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy to grow.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Full sun to partial shade.
Soil: well draining and not highly acidic.
Water: Keep the soil moist.
Temprature: Can survive up to 30 degrees F minimum.
Fertilizer: Controlled release of fertilizer is preferable to rapid release, water soluble fertilizer, as the latter moves through the soil too quickly to benefit the deep and spreading root system.
- The foxtail palm tree prefers a humid environment which may be provided by nearby fountains or pebble trays in the immediate area where it is grown.
- Caring for foxtail palms should include mulching, but mulch should not hug the trunk.
- Mulching helps retain moisture and discourages maintenance workers from accidentally injuring the trunk with mowers and trimmers.
- It also keeps weed growth down in the area of the foxtail palm tree.
- The foxtail palm tree is suitable for container growing and may be used as an interior planting if correct growing conditions exist.
- Foxtail palm trees add majestic tropical appeal to residential and commercial landscape designs.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.