Zebrina Pendula - Plant
Common name: cockroach grass, inch plant, inchplant, purple wandering Jew, silver inch plant, silvery inch
Color: green, silver, pink and red
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 0.50 to 0.75 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Zebrina pendula is a fast-growing plant with deep green leaves marked by colorful silver or purple variegations and velvety purple undersides. Although Zebrina pendula is most often grown as a hardy indoor plant
it is suitable for growing outdoors in the warm climates of U.S. Department of Agriculture growing zones 9 through 11. With its fleshy, succulent stems, Zebrina pendula is easily propagated by planting cuttings.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: potting mix
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Wandering jew plants are pretty simple to care for and maintain, although providing plenty of bright light is important.
- Tradescatia naturally become spindly and need to be pruned regularly and pinching stems will encourage fuller growth, improving it s appearance.
this plant can be moved or manipulated easily as its runners cling lightly to the ground (if used as cover). ... watery sap (a characteristic unique to T. zebrina as compared with the other aforementioned types).
- Tradescantia zebrina is a native trailing plant of Mexico that has been used medicinally in an herbal tea in Jamaica to treat the common cold.
- The plant, also known as Wandering Jew, is used additionally to treat problems of the uterus, high blood pressure and tuberculosis.
Sometimes Tradescantia zebrina is used in a mixture with other types of herbs to treat amenorrhea and to strengthen the blood.
- Matali, a Mexican beverage made with lemon and Tradescantia zebrina, is another medicinal remedy.
- Easy to grow.
- As a houseplant, grow in pots, hanging baskets or along shelves.
- Ground cover or bedding plant where it can be grown outdoors.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.