Snowbush - Plant
( 5 times booked in last 90 days )
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
The tiny flowers go generally unnoticed. Full sun provides best colour and growth results. Keep moist until completely established.
Early spring fertilization is recommended. Light pruning may be necessary to keep compact habit.
Common name: Snow bush.
Color: Pale Green, Green, White/Near White
Bloom time: Mid Winter
Height: 1 ft. to 3 ft.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
In the garden, grow in fertile soil and partial or light dappled shade, especially in the hot summer months, and consistently moist soil. Pinch out stem tips when young to promote branching growth.
Indoors, grow in bright filtered light with ample water during the growing season. Fertilize monthly. Water sparingly in winter.
Sunlight: Moderate to bright indirect light
Soil: Good-quality house plant potting mix.
Water: Water thoroughly and often to maintain moist soil. Do not allow the soil to dry out at any time.
Temprature: Average room temperatures 65-75°F/18-24°C. This tender tropical will tolerate a minimum of 60°F/16°C.
Fertilizer: Feed every 2 to 3 weeks in spring and summer with a balanced liquid fertilizer diluted by half.
- Pinch out stem tips when young to promote branching growth.
- Make this tropical beauty feel at home by boosting the humidity around it.
- Set the pot on a pebble tray or use a room humidifier to keep the relative humidity above 50%.
- Also keep the soil moist at all times.
- Snow Bush grows quickly and will get quite large if not pruned.
- Cut the stems with sharp pruners to avoid tearing them.
- Make the cut just above a leaf node at a 45° angle.
- Prune to your heart s content -- you won t hurt this vigorous grower.
- Re-pot in spring.
- This fast-growing shrub will need a new home every couple years.
- Move it up to a pot one size larger when it outgrows its current one.
- Used as Beds and Borders, Container, Indoor Plant.
- It s an excellent cottage-garden landscape staple, best left to grow fluffy rather than manicured.
http://www.finegardening.com/snow-bush-breynia-disticha-roseo-picta http://www.south-florida-plant-guide.com/snowbush.html http://www.guide-to-houseplants.com/snow-bush.html
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.