Fishtail Palm, Caryota Palms - Plant
( 10 times booked in last 90 days )
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Fishtail palm.
Height: 6-8 metres.
Difficulty level: Easy but time consuming.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: These palms can thrive in full or partial sunlight making it possible for you to place them beside or near taller palms or trees. They are also an ideal indoor plant because of their ability to grow with only moderate sun exposure.
Soil: Any good soil mix that is well drained.
Water: If you re growing the Fishtail palm in a warmer climate, do not let the palm dry out as it will begin shedding leaves.
Temprature: It will withstand temperatures to 28 degrees F.
Fertilizer: Feed your fishtail once a month, use an all-purpose liquid fertilizer for palms. It is advisable to apply the fertilizer after watering in order to avoid root burn which could be a death sentence to a Fishtail.
- To give this plant the best living conditions though, give it enough indirect sunlight exposure especially during the early morning and late afternoon.
- If you re growing it as an indoor plant, occasionally take it outside for air, cleaning and sunlight.
- The Fishtail also loves humidity.
- Simulate humidity by misting the leaves with lukewarm water every day or use a humidifier.
- Low humidity can cause the plant to yellow and slow down its growth.
- For Fishtail palms however, very little pruning is required for their maintenance.
- If you want to maintain their current height, cut the vertical stalks to just below the top fronds.
- indoors; specimen; deck or patio; container or planter; screen
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.