Carnation (Orange) - Plant
( 1 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Carnation, Chabaud Giant Model Mix Carnation
Color: purple-pink flowers
Bloom time: in late spring and summer.
Height: 3 to 5 feet
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Carnations are grown from seed. Carnation seeds can be directly seeded into your flower garden, or started indoors for transplanting later. If planting outdoors, sow them early in the spring. But, make sure the soil is not too wet.
When sowing seeds, cover lightly with 1/4 inches of fine soil. Space seeds or seedlings 12" apart.
If you are growing perennials, you can propagate them from cuttings or by division. Once your plants have been established, they can be propagated by separation in the fall.
Sunlight: Carnations need full sunlight, about 4-5 hours everyday.
Soil: Carnations thrive in fertile, well- drained, slightly alkaline (pH 6.75) soil.
Water: Carnations do not require much water, except in the hot months.You must be careful not to make the soil too wet which can produce yellow foliage.You must spray water on the plants instead of splashing.
Temprature: The optimum temperature for growing Carnations range from 50 - 59Â°F at daytime and 41- 46Â°F at night.
Fertilizer: Add a general purpose fertilizer once or twice a month.
- Insects and Diseases: Insect and disease problems are infrequent.
- If insect or disease problems occur, treat early with insecticides, repellents, or fungicide.
- Supporting Tall Carnations: You need to know ahead how tall each variety will grow in order to provide the right kind of support.
- The support should be set in place soon after planting, or as the plants emerge from the ground in the spring, so the stems will remain up.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.