Brahma Kamal, Saussurea obvallata - Plant
Common name: Saussurea obvallata
Bloom time: June to September
Height: 0.3 m (1 ft).
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
You will find it easily at Hemkund Shahib Lake and one the way to Hemkund Sahib. (Last kilometer. This picture was clicked on 6th September, 2012 at Hemkund Shahib Lake . You will not find this flower at Valley of Flowers
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 19 °C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Apply a high-potassium liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks from early spring until 6 weeks after flowering.
- Keep moist in winter.
It is Used to treat cerebral ischemia and paralysis of the limbs. Infact we can say the entire plant is used.
- This plant is applied to cuts and bruises as local medicine.
- Brahma Kamal is s herb in Tibetan medicine and it is Sah-du Goh-ghoo.
- It has a somewhat bitter taste and it promotes heat.
- It is Used to treat cerebral ischemia and paralysis of the limbs.
- Infact we can say the entire plant is used.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.