Acaalipha, Acalypha - Plant
( 15 times booked in last 90 days )
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
It is grown for its multi-coloured, toothed, oval leaves. Use it as a house plant or as an annual or container plant outdoors where it is not hardy. Flowers are small, green or pinkish.
Height: 6-10 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
The most important thing in growing copper leaf plants is the location. The best place to grow the plant is in full sun, although it can survive in half sun or partially shaded areas.
Direct sunlight, however, makes the leaves more brightly coloured. This is why it’s advisable to place it near windows or areas with plenty of sunlight if growing indoors, with temperatures above 55 F. (13 C.), to ensure their foliage gets a healthy blend of colours.
Sunlight: Bright-light not necessarily direct sunlight.
Soil: A well-drained potting mix.
Water: Acalypha like a regular supply of water, even during the winter months.
Temprature: Above 55 F. (13 C.) Warm temperatures more than 60˚F.
Fertilizer: Acalypha appreciate regular doses of fertilizer throughout the growing season. Liquid is best, but they will also thrive with a controlled-release fertilizer. Reduce fertilization in winters or stop.
- They do best with a high humidity level, so if your house is dry, you will want to regularly mist your plant or keep it in a tray of pebbles.
- Pruning is also a good part of copper leaf plant care, as it helps control the shrubs size and shape while removing diseased or damaged branches.
- Ensure the pot is twice the size of the plant’s root ball.
- Mixing the soil with a slow-release fertilizer supplies the nutrients the Acalypha copper plant needs to grow well.
- Put the pot or container in a sunny or partially shaded location if growing it outdoors, or near a window with bright light inside.
- Adding fertilizer every three months helps the soil retain its nutrients.
http://houseplants.about.com/od/Easy_Plants/p/Acalypha-how-To-Grow-Acalypha-Species-Indoors.htm http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/acalypha/growing-acalypha-copper-plants.htm http://www.finegardening.com/copperleaf-acalypha-wilkesiana
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.