Sparaxis (Lavender) - 10 Bulbs
( 1 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
Common name: Harlequin, Wand flower, Sparaxis
Color: Pink, yellow, Red, Purple
Bloom time: Early Summer
Height: Sparaxis flowers grow an average height of about 10 inches high. The total plant height is 12 to 18 inches.
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Use them as an accent in mixed beds and borders, rock gardens and containers.
Sunlight: They need full sun to grow and flower.
Soil: The soil should be kept continually moist, especially after planting.
Water: Water the bulbs immediately, and cover the area with a layer of mulch. Water garden plants as needed, especially during the first six weeks after planting.
Temprature: They should take about one to three months to germinate at 10 to 12 degrees centigrade.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer once in 2 months
- Plant bulbs in late summer or early fall.
- Put them pointed side up 2 inches deep.
- In the garden, space them 4 inches apart.
- For containers, put them slightly closer together.
- Water the bulbs immediately, and cover the area with a layer of mulch.
- Water garden plants as needed, especially during the first six weeks after planting.
- During the growing season, supplement rainfall with irrigation if needed.
- Water container plants regularly.
- Little Sparaxis plant care is necessary with these flowers.
- In wet summer gardens, the corms are best lifted and stored but in well-drained areas, they can be left in the ground.
- Some species of the genus are not cold hardy.
- So if you live in colder regions, dig up the corms and store them before the first frost.
- The corms multiply rapidly if well watered throughout the growing season.
- Seeds can be sown in autumn and will flower the second spring or the offsets can be divided during dormancy and replanted.
- The harlequin flower is the most outstanding of its genus, Sparaxis, making very popular garden subjects.
If grown in an exposed area it may be a good idea to supply a light stake for the Sparaxis plants.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.