Nerine Lily ( Mix Colors ) - 4 bulbs
Common name: Nerine, Guernsey Lily,
Bloom time: August to September
Height: 1.00 to 2.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plants prefer a near-neutral pH range of 5.5–7.0. A pH of 6.5 is just about right for most home gardens (slightly acidic to neutral).An accurate soil test will tell you where your pH currently stands. Acidic (sour) soil is counteracted by applying finely ground limestone, and alkaline (sweet) soil is treated with ground sulfur.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 65 to 70°F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plants do not thrive in Zones 9 to 10 without a period of refrigeration; they need a cold, dormant period.
- Select a site with soil that drains well.
- How can you tell? After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out.
- Water trapped beneath the scales may rot the bulb, so a well-drained site is essential.
- plant care is not difficult but does require vigilance.
- The vines need to be trained early when they are young.
- You may use plant ties or just weave them through trellis sections.
- Fertilize the plant in spring just before new growth appears.
- Pinch off the tips of the vines in the second year to promote branching which will fill the trellis with bushy growth.
A popular outdoor garden plant in USDA Zones 5b-10 (where it is typically interplanted with annuals, other perennials or ground covers. North of USDA Zone 5b, bulbs should be grown in large containers that are overwintered indoors.
- Another one of the therapeutic uses of the lily flower is in the case of treating burns and preventing the formation of scar tissue.
- In this herbal remedy, the roots of the lily flower are used to prepare an ointment which is then applied on the burnt area.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.