Alpinia Purpurata Variegated - Plant
Common name: Red Ginger.
Bloom time: All year round.
Height: Upto 12 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Dappled light.
Soil: Not very picky about potting soil.
Water: Grown under proper conditions, they need a steady, year-round supply of water.
Temprature: They can survive temperatures down to 50˚F.
Fertilizer: Feed with a weak liquid fertilizer throughout the growing season. Coated slow-release fertilizer pellets also work well.
- Although they are not especially picky about their soil, it s not uncommon for the plants to experience a mild magnesium deficiency.
- In this case, supply them with a pinch or two Epsom salts every month or so to keep the leaves green and healthy.
- Red ginger is a very useful and perennial with diverse forms.
- With its long, attractive red flower bracts and lush green leaves, it works well in tropical-theme landscapes.
- It is useful as a tall informal hedge or screen.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.