Neem Tree - Plant
Common name: Azadirachta indica
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 50.00 to 75.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Fill a pot or flat with soil, then water well. Place the neem seeds on top of the damp soil and cover with just enough soil so that the seed is no longer visible. You don t need to water again until the soil is dry at least an inch deep. The easiest way to kill a neem seedlings – or tree – is to overwater
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Dry to medium
Temprature: 21–32 °C (70–90 °F)
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Water young trees once each week with a mild solution of fish emulsion.
- If the label instructions say to mix 1 tablespoon of the brown liquid with 1 gallon of water, cut the amount in half, to 1/2 tablespoon.
Allow the soil to dry out between waterings, whether your tree is in a pot or in the ground.
- Move your potted tree indoors to a place where it will receive plenty of warmth and light.
- If you don t have a sunny window, consider setting up grow lights.
Neem tree has been widely planted as a shade tree in hot, drought prone areas and has over time been introduced to tropical areas around the world. Interesting container plant for indoors.
- Neem leaf is used for leprosy, eye disorders, bloody nose, intestinal worms, stomach upset, loss of appetite, skin ulcers, diseases of the heart and blood vessels (cardiovascular disease), fever, diabetes, gum disease (gingivitis), and liver problems.
- The leaf is also used for birth control and to cause abortions.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.