Date palm - Plant
( 1 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Height: Dates grow large, up to 120 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy to grow.
Planting & Care
Take care when planting date palms to choose a location with plenty of space both vertically and horizontally. Plant the trees in spring or fall for best results. Dig the hole twice as deep and wide as the actual root base to loosen the soil. Fill the bottom of the hole with soil so the plant is sitting high and roots are barely covered. Press soil around the roots and water well to compact the soil around them.
Sunlight: Full Sun.
Soil: Soils are well draining. It can grow in sand, loam or even clay soil.
Water: The tree is tolerant of drought but needs plenty of water when flowering and fruiting.
Temprature: Date palm growing requires temperatures above 20 degrees Fahrenheit (-6 C.) to survive. Pollination takes place at 95 degrees (35 C.) and fruits need dry, hot temperatures with warm nights.
Fertilizer: Manure makes an excellent fertilizer in early spring. You can also use a palm tree fertilizer high in potassium.
- Young trees do best with supplemental irrigation for several months until they are established.
- You may also need to stake them for straight date palm growing.
- Dates have been the staple food of the Bedouins for centuries and medical records showed low occurrences of many fatal diseases including cancer and heart disease among them.
- DATE FRUITS TO PROVIDE RELIEF FROM: Sore throat and Cold Throat and chest infections by mixing equal amount of dates, fig, hibiscus and raisin and boiled in water.
- Use as expectorant.
- Fever Bronchial asthma by mixing dates with fenugreek Use as astringent for intestinal problem Counteracting alcohol intoxication Use as aphrodisiac by mixing dates with milk and cinnamon Poisonous effect by applying date paste onto the poisonous bite area
- Date can be eaten out of hand and no special preparation or cooking is required.
- It is rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber and hence a complete nutritious meal on its own.
- It freezes well and therefore can be stored and enjoyed all year round.
- You can sprinkle chopped dates on your cereals and ice cream.
- Dates are also used in cooking bread, cakes and other desserts.
- Dates are also processed into paste, syrup, jam, jelly, date cubes, date sugar powder, date vinegar and even date alcohol.
- The date palm is used as an ornamental specimen plant in subtropical and tropical climates, such as those in southern California and Florida.
- These trees can commonly be seen along roadsides, parking lots and shopping centres because of their ease of care and non-invasive nature.
http://greatstuff.hubpages.com/hub/The-Various-Uses-of-Date-Palm-Tree http://www.ehow.com/list_6670608_uses-date-palm-trees.html http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/date/date-palm-tree-care.htm
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.