Curry Leaves, Kadi Patta - Plant
Common name: Curcuma longa
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 6.00 to 15.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The plant grows well in full to part sun, so it is better to grow it outdoors. However, it does not need full intense sun. If you live in an apartment, any area indoors where you get direct sunlight is good for the plant.
You can grow the plant in pots in balconies or terrace. If you place your plant indoors, select a warm place with plenty of light-direct or indirect sun light or artificial white light
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Allow the plant to dry out completely between watering.
- Curry plant benefits with warm water feeding.
- In winter when the plant goes dormant, reduce watering in order to prevent root rot
Interesting house plant, the leaflets of which can be snipped for cooking.
- Unverified information Poppy is one of the most important medicinal plants.
- Traditionally, the dry opium was considered an astringent, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac, diaphoretic, expectorant, hypnotic, narcotic, and sedative.
- Poppy has been used against toothaches and coughs.
- The ability of opium from poppy to serve as an analgesic is well known.
Opium and derivatives of opium are used in the pharmaceutical industry as narcotic analgesics, hypnotics, and sedatives.
- Opium and the drugs derived from opium are addictive and can have toxicological effects.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.