Sagargota - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Common name: Fever nut, Bonduc nut
Color: Yellowish green
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 15.00 to 20.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
They are usually shipped in the spring as bare roots when plants are fully dormant, well before they have leafed out. They’ll look like a bundle of sticks on arrival. Note, they are not dead—simply dormant.If you are buying container-grown plants (vs. bare-root plants), plant them by May or early June for best results.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Dry to medium
Temprature: 40 °C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Enrich the soil with leaf mold or well-rotted organic matter to encourage good drainage.
- Dig a hole 2 to 3 times as deep as the bulbs are high and set the bulb in the hole pointy side up.
- Fill the hole with soil and tamp gently.
- Space bulbs at a distance equal to 3 times the bulb’s diameter.
- For a good effect, plant plants in groups of 3 to 5 bulbs.
- Every leaf has a growth bud, so removing old flower blossoms encourages the plant to make more flowers instead of using the energy to make seeds.
- Clean away from around the base of the rosebushes any trimmed debris that can harbor disease and insects.
- Late in the season, stop deadheading rugosas so that hips will form on the plants.
Oily seeds are used to make a variety of products ranging from candles to biofuel to fertilizers. Flowers, stems and leaves have medicinal properties. Plants have been used as living fences in some areas.
- It is useful in the diseases like liver disorders, splenic diseases, edema, diseases of vata, worms etc.
- The seeds root – bark and the leaves are used for medicinal purpose.
- The herb is used both, internally as well as externally, externally, the paste of its leaves applied, serves to relieve the pain and edema.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.