Liudmila Rough Lemon, Khatta Nimboo (Big) - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Miniature lemon trees (Citrus limon) are evergreen tropical fruit trees, which stay small when grown in containers. The small varieties of lemon trees include dwarf trees like “Dwarf Lisbon” lemon.
Many miniature lemon trees grow to 12 feet tall, but are kept smaller with pruning. Taking care of a miniature lemon tree provides the grower with full-sized juicy lemons.
Common name: Nimboo
Height: 11 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Growing a lemon tree isn’t that difficult. As long as you provide their basic needs, growing lemons can be a very rewarding experience. Lemon trees can be placed outdoors during warm periods, which is also recommended in order to increase their chances of bearing fruit.
When you grow a lemon tree indoors, bees and other insects are unable to pollinate them. Therefore, you should place them outdoors during summer unless you want to complete this task yourself.
Sunlight: Minimum 5-6 hours of sun everyday.
Soil: Citrus orchards flourish well in light soils with good drainage properties. Deep soils with pH range of 5.5 to 7.5 are considered ideal.
Water: Water the miniature lemon tree when the soil is dry to the depth of 6 inches. Pour room temperature water into the top of the planter until it runs out the bottom. During hot dry summer weather, the lemon tree may need watering every day. Reduce the frequency of watering during the cool months of winter.
Temprature: Citrus fruits grow best between a temperature range of 13 degree C to 37 degree C.
Fertilizer: Fertilizing this citrus plant can be broken into three doses by dividing the recommended dose and feeding in spring, early summer and late summer.
- Apply a good level of mulch around your tree but keep the mulch 5-7cm (2-3") away from the base.
- Mulch will hold moisture but will encourage rot if allowed to touch the tree trunk.
- Cut off any new shoots appearing from below the graft with pruners.
- Remove thorns from the branches by snapping them off with pruning shears.
- Trim the branches back for shape and size control in the early spring.
- Pick large garden pests off by hands.
- Wipe mealy bugs off the leaves using a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol.
- Control smaller pests like aphids with insecticidal soap.
- There is a belief in Ayurvedic medicine that a cup of hot water with lemon juice in it every morning tonifies and purifies the liver.
- The oval fruit is famous is used widely for its juice.
- The pulp and rind are also used, primarily in cooking and baking.
- Lemon juice is acidic in nature and makes it a cheap, readily available acid for use in educational science experiments.
- Lemon juice, rind, and zest are used in a wide variety of food and drink.
- It is used to make lemonade, soft drinks, and cocktails.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.