Argyreia Nervosa, Elephant Creeper, Vidhara - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Common name: baby woodrose,
Bloom time: winter.
Height: 30-40 ft. (9-12 m) ..
Difficulty level: :easy to grow
Planting & Care
Hawaiian baby woodrose (Argyreia nervosa) is definitely not an infant in size, as its heart-shaped leaves can grow to 1 foot in length, and the vine may clamber to 30 feet. Its lavender-pink trumpet-shaped flowers are of more moderate dimensions, however, usually about 2 inches across and 3 inches long with maroon centers.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: -4C to -1C (25F � 30F).
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Sow your Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds in late spring or early summer.
- Nick the seeds with a craft knife first and soak them for 24 hours.
- Plant them 1/2 inch deep and 5 feet apart, in sandy and only moderately fertile soil, along a wall, fence or pergola which they can climb.
- Refrain from using high-nitrogen fertilizers for Hawaiian baby woodrose, as those may encourage the plants to produce many leaves but few flowers.
- Instead, feed the plants only once a month with a liquid organic bloom-booster fertilizer such as 0-10-10, using about 3 tablespoons per gallon of water.
The backs of the Hawaiian baby woodrose s leaves and its buds are covered with a white down, so the plant is sometimes also called wooly morning glory.
- Argyreia nervosa belongs to family-convolvulaceae is an important herb used extensively in traditional systems of medicine.
- It is commonly known as Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Elephant creeper or Wooly morning glow in English.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.