Wood Apple - Plant
Common name: black walnut
Bloom time: May to June
Height: 75.00 to 100.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Nux Vomica is a medium-sized tree with a short, crooked, thick trunk. The wood is white hard, close grained, durable. Branches are irregular, covered with a smooth ash-coloured bark. Young shoots are deep green, shiny. Oppostely arranged short stalked leaves are elliptic, shiny, smooth on both sides, about 4 inches long and 3 broad
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 50 F – 85 F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- They have a disagreeable smell.
- Fruit is about the size of a large apple with a smooth hard shell which when ripe is orange colored, filled with a soft white jelly-like pulp containing five seeds.
- The seeds are like flattened disks densely covered with closely appressed satiny hairs, radiating from the centre of the flattened sides and giving to the seeds a characteristic sheen.
Large deciduous tree for large landscapes. Inappropriate as a street tree.
- Unverified information Nux Vomica is recommended for upset stomach, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation, intestinal irritation, hangovers, heartburn, insomnia, certain heart diseases, circulatory problems, eye diseases, depression, migraine headaches, nervous conditions, problems related to menopause, and respiratory diseases in the elderly.
In folk medicine, it is used as a healing tonic and appetite stimulant.
- Nux vomica is a common homeopathic medicine prescribed for digestive problems, sensitivity to cold, and irritability.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
http://www.agrifarming.in/tag/wood-apple-plant-care/ http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=a875 http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=Wood+Apple&stpos=0&stype=AND
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.