Wild Asparagus, Shatavari - Plant
Common name: asparagus fern
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 2.00 to 3.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The fern may dry out to the point it appears dead; however, outdoor springtime temperatures generally revive them. Keep the plant well watered in all situations and repot every few years. Care of asparagus ferns indoors involves misting the arching stems to provide humidity to the plant.
Sunlight: Part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 60 to 75ºF
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The fern may dry out to the point it appears dead; however, outdoor springtime temperatures generally revive them.
- Keep the plant well watered in all situations and repot every few years.
- Care of asparagus ferns indoors involves misting the arching stems to provide humidity to the plant.
Where winter hardy, it may be grown in borders or along foundations. Forms an interesting ground cover. Use in pots, containers and hanging baskets. Container plants make excellent houseplants for bright, sun-filtered areas.
- Unverified information In Ayurvedic medicine, the root of Satavari is used in the form of juice, paste, decoction and powder to treat intrinsic haemorrhage, diarrhoea, piles, hoarseness of voice, cough, arthritis, poisoning, diseases of female genital tract, erysipelas, fever, as aphrodisiac and as rejuvinative.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.