Vitex Negundo, Nirgundi ( Green ) - Plant
Common name: Acer negundo
Bloom time: March to April
Height: 30.00 to 50.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
There is an old saying that states "The best time to plant a tree is yesterday". If that didn t happen, then the ideal planting time is now! If you plant in the fall you take advantage of the new root growth that occurs during the dormant season.
Unlike the tops of the maple that go dormant and cease growth for the winter, roots of maples continue to grow throughout the fall and early winter months if temperatures are not below freezing.
Fall planting also allows the carbohydrates that are produced during the summer to be directed to root growth since there is little demand from the top. If you are planting in spring try to avoid disturbing any plant parts that recently have broken bud are is producing new, soft growth.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Medium to wet
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Watering: A Japanese Maple in a Bonsai pot must be watered daily in most cases during the growth season, maybe even several times a day during the hottest days, if the soil is well-drained and the tree healthy and vigorous.
- Use water deficient in lime as the Japanese Maple prefers a neutral or slightly acid pH-value.
Feeding: Especially for mature Japanese Maple Bonsai the use of solid organic fertilizers is well-proven, as it takes effect slowly and gently and generally contains all the required micronutrients.
- Follow the dosage instructions carefully.
Could be used as a shade tree. Generally recommended only for difficult corners of the landscape where other trees of superior ornamental value will not grow or in cold northern climates such as North Dakota where many deciduous shade trees are hard to grow.
- It is an effective herbal medicine with proven therapeutic value.
- Chaste tree has been clinically tested to be effective in the treatment of colds, flu, asthma and pharyngitis.
- Studies have shown that it can prevent the body s production of leukotrienes which are released during an asthma attack.
Chaste tree contains Chrysoplenol D, a substance with anti-histamine properties and muscle relaxant.
- The leaves, flowers, seeds and root of Chaste tree can all be used as herbal medicine.
- A decoction is made by boiling the parts of the plant and taken orally.
- Today, Chaste tree is available in capsule form and syrup for cough.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
http://www.bonsaiempire.com/tree-species/maple http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=a841 http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=Vitex+Negundo%2C+Nirgundi+&stpos=0&stype=AND
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.