Salanum nigrum - Plant
Common name: Solanum nigrum
Bloom time: 5-9 weeks
Height: 12 to 47 in
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plant where they will receive a minimum of 5 to 6 hours of full sun per day. plant grown in weak sun may not die at once, but they weaken gradually. Give them plenty of organic matter when planting and don’t crowd them.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: High temperature
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Start with pruning shears for smaller growth.
- Use loppers, which look like giant, long-handle shears, for growth that is more than half an inch thick.
- A small pruning saw is handy, as it cuts on both the push and the pull.
Solanum nigrum - Black Nightshade. Black nightshade is a plant, an annual weed that grows up to 60cm tall, is branched and usually erect, growing wild in wastelands and crop fields. Alternate leaves are ovate deep green with an indented margin and acuminate at the tip. Flowers are white with yellow colored centre.
- Solanum nigrum medicinal uses and images (Nightshade/Makoi) Solanum nigrum also known as Black Nightshade or Makoi (h) Kakamachi is a perennial shrub found in wooded areas.
- The height of the plant is 40cm 130cm and leaves are 4-8 cm long.
- The fruit, root, leaves, flowers berry and the entire plant is used as medicine.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.