Sacred Barna Tree, Varun - Plant
Common name: Garlic pear tree, Caper tree, Three-leaf caper, Obtuse Leaf Crateva
Bloom time: March
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
plant have long tap roots which need to stretch out so the plants prefer well-dug, loose, well-draining soil; in preparing a bed, dig down 2 feet in depth and about 3 feet across to ensure the soil isn’t too compact.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Feed plants only sparingly; overfertilization can cause stems to break in the fall.
- You can add diluted fertilizer into the water, though avoid getting the fertilizer near the plant’s base; it may help to build a moat in a circle around the plant about 18 inches out.
The flowers occur in terminal corymbs, are about 5 centimeters in diameter, greenish-yellow, and the stamens are purplish. The petals are ovate or oblong, with the claw half as long as limb. The fruit is ovoid or rounded, and 3 to 5 centimeters in diameters, with hard and rough rind.
- Unverified information It is used in Indian Ayurvedic medicine.
- It has anti-inflammatory, diuretic, lithontriptic, demulcent and tonic properties.
- Bark yields ceryl alcohol, friedelin, lupeol, betulinic acid and diosgenin.
- It is useful in disorders of urinary organs, urinary tract infections, pain and burning micturition, renal and vesical calculi.
- A postal stamp was issued by the Indian Postal Department to commemorate this tree.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Downy mildew, rust, and powdery mildew can also affect the plants. If fungal diseases are spotted early, spray with a general garden fungicide.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.