Malabar Nut - Plant
Common name: Pachira aquatica Lemon Blush
Color: golden yellow
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 20.00 to 30.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Enjoys a dappled sun / full shade position in your garden and remember to water often. Keep in mind when planting that Malabar Nut is thought of as tender, so remember to wait until your soil is warm and the night time temperature is well above freezing before moving outside
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The leaves are known to moderate the hypotensive activity, by lowering the blood pressure.
- They assist in conditions like uterine involution, menorrhagia (excessive menstural bleeding), post-childbirth hemorrhage and uterine stimulant activity.
The fresh juice obtained from leaves of Malabar nut has been used to treat tuberculosis.
- Its local use gives relief from pyorrhea and bleeding gums
Interesting tropical plant for frost-free areas. Foliage houseplant. Bonsai.
- Adhatoda is useful for curing coughs, colds and asthma and is easy to administer.
- It has been used for centuries, and is mentioned in Sanskrit scripture
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
https://myfolia.com/plants/43576-malabar-nut-justicia-adhatoda http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?taxonid=258906&isprofile=0&cv=4 http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=Malabar+Nut&stpos=0&stype=AND
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.