Long Pepper, Pippali - Plant
( 2 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
The male spikes larger, slender and are 2.5 to 7.5 cm long while the female spikes are 1.25 to about 2 cm long when in flower and growing to about 3 cm when in fruit. The berries are ovoid, yellowish orange, sunk in the thick rachis about 0.25 cm in diameter.
Common name: Pipalli
Difficulty level: easy
Planting & Care
The rooted cuttings or suckers are planted in pits at the rate of 2 per pit with onset of monsoon during May-June. The pits are gap filled one month after planting. About 50,000 Nos seedlings are required for one hectare. Long pepper is planted as an inter crop in coconut, arecanut and other plantation crops.
Sunlight: Full sun to partial shade
Soil: It flourishes well in organic matter rich fertile, well-drained loamy soils. pH between 6.2 and 7.0.
Water: Keep the soil moist.
Fertilizer: Organic or timed-release fertilizer.
- Peppers have a naturally upright growth habit, so they often benefit from staking, which keeps brittle branches from breaking when they become heavy with fruit.
- Its hot-and-sweet taste goes well with spicy cheese specialties or wine sauces.
- In India, the long pepper is mainly used in pickles (achar).
- Colorful peppers also make great additions to beds planted with flowers and other edible ornamentals, where they can easily serve as specimen plants.
- In beds or rows, the best spacing for most pepper plants is 18 to 24 inches apart
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.