Khus, Vetiver - Plant
Common name: Chrysopogon zizanioides
Color: olive green
Bloom time: June – August
Height: 4-6 ft. (1.2-1.8 m)
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Growing plants can be inexpensive, particularly when growing them from seed. Seeds of plants flowers should usually be sown directly into the sunny flower bed, as developing roots do not like to be disturbed.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 25 °C (77 °F).
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Place plants in full sun in average, well-drained soil.
- Drainage is important; don t place where roots will sit in water.
- Leaves develop best flavor in full sun.
Find Medicinal herb khus khus (Vetiver) uses and pictures. Vetiveria zizanioides has been harvested for 3000 years for its medicinal
- The most important chemical constituents present in the plant are benzoic acid, vetiverol, furfurole, and vetivone.
- It is also used for its cooling purpose and used to flavour traditional juice or Sharbat.
- It is also used to make mat and hand fans.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.