Kahu - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: lettuce
Bloom time: Flowers not showy
Height: 0.50 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Direct sowing is recommended as soon as the ground can be worked. Plant seeds ½ inch deep. Snow won’t hurt them, but a desiccating cold wind will.
If you want an earlier crop, however, you may start seeds indoors 4 to 6 weeks before last spring frost date for an earlier crop. Harden off seedlings for about one week, and transplant outside between 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after last spring frost.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 85° F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- You should be able to sow additional seeds every two weeks for a continuous harvest throughout the growing season.
- Fertilize 3 weeks after transplanting.
- Lettuce prefers soil that is high in humus, with plenty of compost and a steady supply of nitrogen to keep if growing fast.
- Use organic alfalfa meal or a slow-release fertilizer.
Direct seeding is usually preferred, 3 seeds every 8", thinning to one plant every 8" with 10" to 18" between rows. Floating row covers are helpful.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Slugs and snails, cutworms, and aphids are all potential problems and in cool damp weather, downy mildew and gray mold can occur. Bolting in warm weather is a problem and is especially likely if crop is permitted to dry out.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.