Dolichandra Unguis, Cat's Claw - Plant
Common name: Cat s claw , Cortex Uncariae , life-giving vine of Peru , samento
Bloom time: spring-summer
Height: 100 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
plant care may require a bit of effort, but the results are well worth the work. Not all plants are fragrant, but the most common and hardy do produce a sweet, carrying fragrance. Common is a vine and has larger glossy green leaves than Royal. Both can survive in temperate climates if they are planted in a sheltered area.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plants love water—but don’t drown them.
- That is, they don’t like to sit in water, and they’ll die if the soil is too wet in winter.
- The ideal soil is rich and loose, with good drainage.
- One of the worst mistakes you can make is to not provide adequate drainage.
Cats Claw is a Taoist Tonic Herb, which we consider to be one of the top 20 tonic herbs in the world. It gets it’s name from the hooks that exist on this vine, of which the bark and root are most commonly used.
- Cat s claw is a plant.
- Two species of cat s claw, Uncaria tomentosa and Uncaria guianensis, are of primary interest for use as medicine.
- Uncaria tomentosa is most commonly used in the U.
- , and Uncaria guianensis is typically used in Europe.
- Medicine is made from the root and bark.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
https://nccih.nih.gov http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/ http://www.flowersofindia.net/
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.