Carolina vanilla - Plant
Common name: Baptisia Carolina Moonlight
Bloom time: May to June
Height: 3.00 to 4.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
You ll need to purchase a vanilla bean plant from a reputable grower. As a vanilla plant takes 3-5 years to bloom, it doesn t make sense to try to start a plant from seed. You can do an online search for “vanilla bean plants” or “vanilla orchids.” Or visit a local orchid grower, if there is one in your area.
Hopefully you were able to purchase a healthy vanilla bean plant that is 3-5 years old. Depending on its size, you ll want to transplant it into a more permanent pot. Choose a pot that is slightly larger than the pot your plant arrived in. You can also use a pot that is up to two times the original pot size. However, try not to use a pot much larger than your vanilla bean plant.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Dry to medium
Temprature: 75 °F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- You ll want to keep the top layer of the potting mix damp, however, you don t want the entire pot to be soaked.
- You ll also need to lightly mist the entire plant daily or every other day.
You can grow a vanilla bean plant at home.
- However, it won t bloom in low light conditions.
- If your plant doesn t bloom, it won t develop vanilla bean pods.
Borders, cottage gardens, prairies and meadows. Effective in naturalized settings. Best as a specimen or in small groups.
- Unverified information This plant is extremely poisonous.
- The berries, when properly prepared, have been used as diuretics, antispasmodics, anodynes; and according to the U.
- Dispensatory, they have also been used in a treatment for epilepsy.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-plant-and-grow-vanilla-beans http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=b788] http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=Carolina+&stpos=0&stype=AND
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.