Butternut - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Cucurbita moschata
Bloom time: May to June
Height: 40.00 to 60.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The butternut squash growing season begins when all danger of frost is past and the soil is well warmed by the sun, about 60 to 65 F. (15-18 C.) at a 4-inch depth. Butternut squash plants are extremely tender and the seedlings will freeze with the slightest frost and seeds will only germinate in warm soil.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plant in a location that enjoys full sun and remember to water moderately.
- Keep in mind when planting that Waltham butternut is thought of as tender, so it is imperative to wait until temperatures are mild before planting out of doors.
- Use USDA Hardiness Zone 3 - 12 as your guideline for the appropriate climate for this plant.
Butternut is of interest to native plant enthusiasts and for those who wish to harvest the nuts.
- Preparing and Eating Decorative Squash and Pumpkins
Onset of the disease is often first seen as dying stems and branches in the upper crown.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.