Blessed Thistle - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Silybum marianum
Bloom time: July to August
Height: 3.00 to 5.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The stem of the Blessed Thistle grows about 2 feet high, is reddish, slender, very much branched and scarcely able to keep upright under the weight of its leaves and flowerheads.
The leaves are broad at the base, becoming long and narrow, clasping the dull green stem, the irregular teeth of the wavy margin ending in spines.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 12 to 15 .
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Milk thistle is a member of the genus Silybum Adans, and is in the daisy family.
- Native of Southern Europe, this plant can be found all over the world, as is abundantly used in North Africa and the Middle East.
- The name "milk thistle" comes from the more obvious features of the plant, both the milk-like splotches of white covering the leaves of the plant, as well as its milky sap
Milk thistle has very attractive white-veined dark green leaves and purple flowers, but its biennial growth pattern and inclination to spread aggressively make it difficult for placement in gardens. Collection and disposal of spiny stems and leaves from plants that have died can be time-consuming. Herb gardens.
- Today, blessed thistle is prepared as a tea and used for loss of appetite and indigestion; and to treat colds, cough, fever, bacterial infections, and diarrhea.
- It is also used as a diuretic for increasing urine output, and for promoting the flow of breast milk in new mothers.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.