Bearberry - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Arctostaphylos uva-ursi
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 0.50 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
If you have a large plot of poor soil and need to landscape it, then bearberry ground cover is your plant. It thrives on soil poor in nutrients and sandy soil that has a hard time supporting other ground covers.
Sunlight: Full Sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Dry to medium
Temprature: 70 to 100 degrees
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Bearberry Cotoneasters need about an inch of water each week, with an increase to 1 1/2 inches a week during hot, dry weather.
- An inch of rain equals 2 gallons per plant, which you may also supply by watering for half an hour with a sprinkler.
Moderate to large scale ground cover with year round interest. Helps control soil erosion on slopes and hillsides.
- The name "bearberry" for the plant derives from the edible fruit which is a favorite food of bears.
- The fruit, also called bearberries, are edible and are sometimes gathered as food for humans.
- The leaves of the plant are used in herbal medicine.
- As limitations on water used by container nurseries become commonplace, nurseries will have to improve irrigation management.
- Several ways to conserve water and improve on the management of irrigation water applied to container plants are discussed in this review.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/ http://gardening.yardener.com/ http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.