Arborvitae - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: American Arbor-Vitae, Arborvitae, Eastern Arborvitae, Siberian Arborvitae, Northern White Cedar
Bloom time: Non-flowering
Height: 20.00 to 40.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Arborvitate are very tolerant plants that require no pruning and have naturally graceful pyramid shapes. While the plants are prey to few insects, they are prone to spider mite infestations during hot, dry weather. Deep watering and spraying off the foliage can minimize these pests’ presence.
Apply a three inch layer of mulch around the base of the tree and fertilize in spring with a good all purpose landscape fertilizer.
Novice gardeners will be particularly rewarded when planting an arborvitae, due to their low maintenance and uncomplaining growth patterns.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: medium moisture
Fertilizer: apply any organic fertilizer
- Seed best sown when ripe in the autumn in a cold frame.
- Stored seed germinates best if given a short cold stratification.
- It can be sown in a cold frame in late winter.
- When they are large enough to handle, prick the seedlings out into individual pots and grow them on in the greenhouse for their first winter
Leaves are scale like and lie on one plane
- American arbor-vitae was much used by many native North American Indian tribes as a medicine to treat fevers, coughs, headaches, swollen hands and rheumatic problems
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/arborvitae/growing-arborvitae-trees.htm http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=c246 http://www.bellarmine.edu/faculty/drobinson/Arborvitae.htm
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.