American elderberry, Simbucus - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: elderberry, black elder, European elder,
Color: white or cream-colored flowers
Bloom time: June to July
Height: 5.00 to 8.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Elderberries grow best in moist, fertile, well-drained soil with a pH between 5.5 and 6.5, but will tolerate a wide range of soil texture, fertility, and acidity. It s a myth that they prefer swampy areas. In fact, they do not tolerate poor drainage. Plant elderberries in spring, as soon as possible after they arrive from the nursery to prevent plants from drying out
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Medium to wet
Temprature: Room temperature
Fertilizer: Elderberries respond well to fertilization. In addition to incorporating manure or compost before planting, apply additional fertilizer annually in early spring. Apply 1/8 pound of ammonium nitrate (or .5 lbs. 10-10-10) for each year of the plant s age, up to one pound per plant (or up to 4 lbs. 10-10-10).
- The most difficult problem faced when growing elderberries is weed control.
- Because they have shallow roots, do not cultivate deeper than 2 inches.
- After the first year, it is best to avoid disturbing the soil at all because the slightest injury can damage the fibrous root system or kill one of the new upright shoots.
Use a combination of pulling weeds by hand while they are still small, mowing and mulching to control weeds without disturbing the elderberry roots.
- Once you develop a thick hedgerow of plants, elderberries can suppress weeds quite well.
Elderberries are one of the easiest and most versatile shrubs to grow in your edible landscape
- Medicinal Herbs Uses
- Group or mass in naturalized areas where suckering spread may be appreciated.
- Good accent shrub featuring deeply incised leaves, attractive flowers and interesting fruits.
- Landscape specimen, shrub borders, screens, backgrounds, stream/pond peripheries or low spots.
- Good sprawling hedge.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
http://www.fruit.cornell.edu/mfruit/elderberries.html http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?taxonid=267172&isprofile=0& http://garden.org/ediblelandscaping/?page=july_elderberry
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.