Agropyron repens - Plant
Common name: Quackgrass, medusa s head, Quackgrass rye, Quackgrass grass
Height: 30 to 120 cm
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Creeping Quackgrass is a green to silver colored perennial grass that has blades, which are flat and pointed. The ligule is quite short and it has a broad and continous collar. The auricles are claw like, slender and clasp near the stem. It has non-compresses sheaths and you will see that the upper sheath is smoth while the lower sheath contains short hairs.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: organic soils
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- it’s not easy to control Quackgrass using cultural weed control methods.
- If you try to hand pull or dig out Quackgrass, it won’t be effective since the rhizomes in the root system are very well-developed and aggressive.
- You must use post-emergent weed control that is applied professionally in order to get rid of it.
To get more insight and information about Creeping Quackgrass, please contact us by giving us a call.
- We will talk with you and let you know how we can help solve this problem so that you have a nice, lush lawn to enjoy at your home.
Couch-grass is diuretic and slightly aperient. It is an excellent agent in cases of excessive irritability of the bladder from any cause, lessening the frequency and pain of urination.
- Couch-grass is diuretic and slightly aperient.
- It is an excellent agent in cases of excessive irritability of the bladder from any cause, lessening the frequency and pain of urination.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.