Aframomum Melegueta, Grains Of Paradise - Plant
Common name: Alligator pepper, atar, graines de paradis, grains of paradise, grana
Bloom time: July to August
Height: 1.00 to 2.50 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The vining varieties require a support structure as some can get 15 feet tall. All plants plants prefer sun to light shade sites with well-draining and moderately fertile soil.Install the plant in the ground at the same level it was growing in the nursery pot.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Dry to medium
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- plants do best with 90 inches of rain per year, so unless you live in a rain forest, water regularly.
- plants love water—but don’t drown them.
- That is, they don’t like to sit in water, and they’ll die if the soil is too wet in winter.
- The ideal soil is rich and loose, with good drainage.
Culinary herb for herb gardens. Also effective as an ornamental in window boxes, hanging baskets or containers.
- The people of Manang district, central Nepals, take the juice of the plant, believing it purifies the blood.
- Pounded leaves are boiled in water and spread on cots, beds, and mats to kill bugs.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.