Happy - (2 Seeds pack)
Common name: Hemerocallis Happy Returns
Color: Lemon yellow
Bloom time: June to October
Height: 1.00 to 1.50 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Before you plant, be sure that you choose varieties proven in your climate. When in doubt, All-America Rose Selections winners are good bets. Or check with your local nursery.If you order plants from a mail-order company, order early, in January or February (March at the latest).
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 71 degrees
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Also, select a site that gets full sun.
- For dependable blooms, plants need six to eight hours of direct sunlight a day.
- If it’s too shady, the stems will attempt to lean towards the sun or get spindly and fall over.
- Most of the popular varieties prefer acidic to neutral soil, but some are lime-tolerant or prefer alkaline soils.
- Where temperatures stay below freezing during winter, enclose the plant with a sturdy mesh cylinder, filling the enclosure with compost, mulch, dry wood chips, pine needles, or chopped leaves.
- Don’t use heavy, wet, maple leaves for mulch.
- Mulch instead with oak leaves, pine needles, compost, or straw.
Easy-to-grow herbaceous perennials for gardens. Borders. Edging. Mass over large areas or grow in clumps. Dwarf cultivars are excellent in rock gardens.
- Scientific research has found the cancer-fighting properties in Camptotheca acuminate thus it is called a cancer-tree.
- It contains pentacyclic quinolines camptothecin and 10-hydroxycamptothecin which inhibits DNA topoisomerase I and is very effective against cancer cells.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.