Nerine Lily ( Mix Colors ) - 4 bulbs
The pack contains 5 bulbs each of
- Gladiolus bulbs
- Rajanigandha bulbs
- Zephyranthes bulbs
*Offer valid till stock last.
*Use coupon : NLGRZB
Winter hardy to USDA Zones 5b-10 where bulbs may be grown in organically rich, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Best flowering is in part shade.
Common name: Nerine, Guernsey Lily,
Bloom time: August to September
Height: 1.00 to 2.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plants prefer a near-neutral pH range of 5.5–7.0. A pH of 6.5 is just about right for most home gardens (slightly acidic to neutral).An accurate soil test will tell you where your pH currently stands. Acidic (sour) soil is counteracted by applying finely ground limestone, and alkaline (sweet) soil is treated with ground sulfur.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 65 to 70°F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plants do not thrive in Zones 9 to 10 without a period of refrigeration; they need a cold, dormant period.
- Select a site with soil that drains well.
- How can you tell? After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out.
- Water trapped beneath the scales may rot the bulb, so a well-drained site is essential.
- plant care is not difficult but does require vigilance.
- The vines need to be trained early when they are young.
- You may use plant ties or just weave them through trellis sections.
- Fertilize the plant in spring just before new growth appears.
- Pinch off the tips of the vines in the second year to promote branching which will fill the trellis with bushy growth.
A popular outdoor garden plant in USDA Zones 5b-10 (where it is typically interplanted with annuals, other perennials or ground covers. North of USDA Zone 5b, bulbs should be grown in large containers that are overwintered indoors.
- Another one of the therapeutic uses of the lily flower is in the case of treating burns and preventing the formation of scar tissue.
- In this herbal remedy, the roots of the lily flower are used to prepare an ointment which is then applied on the burnt area.
for medicinal use