Davallia Trichomanoides, Small Rabbit Foot Fern - Plant
( 30 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Squirrel s foot ferns, among others. The idea is that the fuzzy, ground-level rhizomes resemble animal feet.
Bloom time: no
Height: 6-12 in. (15-30 cm) to 12-18 in. (30-45 cm)
Difficulty level: medium
Planting & Care
Along with clumping ferns, the Davallia are relatively easy to propagate. You can propagate from spores, but it s just as easy to divide the underground rhizome and split your fern in two, potting up each half into a new container. It s best to perform this operation on older plants so you can get the most viable rhizome possible.
Sunlight: Light Shade, Partial to Full Shade
Soil: 6.1 to 6.5 (mildly acidic)
Water: These ferns love humidity and will require both frequent watering and frequent misting. It s important not to let the rhizomes dry out, which will weaken and possibly kill the plants.
Temprature: Davallia trichomanoides will survive temperatures down to -5c although plants are much happier when kept frost free.
Fertilizer: Feed with a weak liquid fertilizer throughout the growing season.
- These do not need frequent repotting and in fact should be encouraged to overgrow their pots a little bit.
- This is especially true for hanging plants, which look better when they cascade slightly and their unique rhizomes are visible protruding from the container.
- For best growth, repot every other year.
- Be aware that these plants are very sensitive to accumulated fertilizer salts, in part because of their rhizomes.
- Make sure to flush the soil very well at least once a year and even soak the root ball to clean out fertilizer.
- They are grown as Container, Groundcover, Hanging Basket, Houseplant.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.